Monday, July 27, 2009

The camera is back!

Woo hoo, our camera is fixed! $112 dollars later, we are able to take pictures again. Thanks Dad for letting us borrow your camera for our cruise :)

So, on the 24th of July, we decided to get tickets to the Bees game. Chris's parents and his sister Becky came with us. Here is Chris driving us there.

And here is me riding.
So, we arrived at the game, got a really good parking spot, and went to the box office to pick up our tickets. There was a sign on the window that said the game was postponed! The team that was supposed to come got sick, so they brought in some all-star high school teams for a home run derby and a 7 inning game. They were still going to have the fireworks show too, so we stayed. Also, because of the inconvenience, they gave everyone who bought a ticket 2 more tickets to a Bees game, a Jazz game preseason ticket, and a ticket to the Miller MotorSports park. Hooray for free entertainment for the rest of our summer!

We got seats on the grass and watched a high school kid dominate the home run derby. He was even outplaying all of the Bees players. We later found out he is sort of famous and was on the cover of Sports Illustrated recently. He is only 16! I think Kiersten should marry him since they both live in Las Vegas. His name is Bryce Harper. Read about him. You'll be impressed.

Here are some pictures from the game.
Bunny ears :)

They moved everyone from the grass to the outfield so they could launch the fireworks.



Okay, the fireworks. This was one of the best firework shows I have ever seen. They advertised it as "Utah's Best Firework Show" and I was skeptical, but after seeing it I am a believer. They had lots of unique fireworks and they were fast paced. Here are a few shots from the professional firework picture-taker, my talented husband.
This one looks like jellyfish :)



Here is a group shot taken after the fireworks.

I think Chris is standing on my foot.

The next day, my parents came into town for the weekend. We went miniature golfing at Boondocks.



I think he means business.


Today we volunteered at the Oquirrh Mountain temple again. Chris did parking and I was an usher outside of the tents. Chris got a very fashionable sunburn in all of the places he did not put sunscreen, and I am now a pro at crowd control and keeping people who have to wait in long lines happy. I really liked my job this time and hope I get put there again tomorrow. Last time, I opened the main doors of the temple on the side that got almost no action, so in 5 hours I saw about 100 people. The rest of the time I just stood there. This time I was busy the whole time. Much better :)


3 comments:

Grandma said...

You are so funny! Glad you got the camera back. Fun, fun, fun. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Ashley said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you were able to get your camera fixed. The firework show looked pretty good and it looks like you enjoyed yourselves!

Kellie said...

Those fireworks were AMAZING!! Totally loved them - and it was so much fun to get together - thanks for the great idea!